UK: Chivas unveils Longmorn super-premium malt
Chivas Brothers is targeting the super-premium malt whisky category with the launch of Longmorn 16-year-old.
"Single malt whisky's reputation and prestige have built global momentum over the past five years amongst discerning consumers," said Neil Macdonald, brand director for malts at Chivas Brothers. "A growing opportunity now exists within the malt whisky market to build whisky brands such as Longmorn, which purely operate at a super-premium level in terms of presentation, product and pricing."
Speaking to just-drinks yesterday, Macdonald noted that Longmorn had previously sold between 5,000 and 6,000 cases per year. "This (launch) will move it forward in volume terms," he added, stopping short of predicting numbers, however.
The main markets for Longmorn, Macdonald continued, include Taiwan, France, the US and Canada. "Where we're doing well with The Glenlivet, you'll see Longmorn following on," he said.
Longmorn 16-year-old will retail at around GBP50 (US$97).
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Pernod Ricard's annual results briefing last week suggested the company has consigned the Allied Domecq deal to history. No more talk of bedding down and integration. The emphasis was firmly on the fu...
Pernod Ricard has updated the packaging across its Champagne Perrier-Jouët range....
Corby Distilleries has posted figures for its 2006-2007 fiscal year....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
Pernod Ricard lobbied the federal government on US trade legislation to the tune of US$640,000 in the early part of the year, according to public records....
The Hardy Wine Company has announced an overhaul involving restructuring its company as well as further expansion....
Vin & Sprit has posted a slight lift in its half-year figures, despite a hammering from exchange rate fluctuations....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research