UK: Chivas invests in Scottish bottlers
Chivas Brothers has invested in two of its bottling operations in Scotland.
Chivas Brothers chief executive Christian Porta said: "This investment demonstrates our commitment to developing our facilities and our people, in line with our ambition to become the leading producer of premium Scotch whisky and premium gin."
The new investment follows last year's GBP2m ($4m) spend at Chivas Brothers bottling operation at Newbridge in Edinburgh and the company's promotion of its entire Ballantine's Scotch Whisky range internationally.
The company announced in May, that it was investing EUR40m (US$54m) in the global positioning of its Ballantine's range and aims to take the outright number two volume position in the world Scotch whisky league.
China's entry into the WTO has been a catalyst for further growth in imported spirits but the likes of Diageo and Pernod Ricard are not the only ones eyeing the growth potential. Counterfeiters are al...
The CFO of Bacardi is set to quit the drinks company, after only eight months in the position....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has confirmed reports that it will sell back the distribution rights to Dalmore Scotch whisky in the US....
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu-Kahlua unit has launched a global advertising campaign for its Malibu rum brand....
Pernod Ricard's Champagne G.H. Mumm has given its Rosé Champagne a makeover "in time for Valentine's Day"....
The former president and co-owner of Domecq Importers in the US has been sentenced to ten years in prison for conspiring to defraud Allied Domecq....
Pernod Ricard is not as close as some reports may suggest to sealing a deal to acquire vodka brand Stolichnaya....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends