UK: Chivas completes Ballantine's investment
Chivas said that it has finished a GBP480,000 (US$897,000) expansion at its Glenburgie distillery in Speyside, one of the key sites behind Ballantine's Scotch whisky. Pernod acquired Ballantine's, the world's third biggest-selling Scotch, as part of the carve-up of Allied Domecq last year.
The expansion has boosted distilling capacity at Glenburgie by 50% to 4.2m litres. Chivas said it is also planning to create visitor facilities at Glenburgie and a second site, Miltonduff, to "bring to life" the Ballantine's story.
Ballantine's brand director Peter Moore said the brand remained a "priority" for Chivas. He added that the capacity expansion would support the company's "future plans" for Ballantine, while the visitor facilities would provide "the perfect platform to illustrate the Ballantine's story".
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine’s. Brand director Peter...
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Economic growth and rising personal incomes in the Asia Pacific region may make it an exciting growth area for international brands but the potential for international spirits varies considerably from...
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
William Grant & Sons is to embark on a GBP23m (US$45m) marketing effort behind flagship Scotch whisky Glenfiddich....
Diageo has admitted that it is under investigation from the South Korean government but has refuted claims that the probe concerns tax evasion....
The EU has formally asked the World Trade Organisation to set up an arbitration panel to rule on India's tariff regime for imported wines and spirits....
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends