UK: Chivas Brothers unveils Christmas offerings
Among the new offerings is a handmade metal gift tin for the Chivas Regal 12 Year Old. The gift tin, embossed with the distinctive crest, will be available in over 50 countries, while in France a seasonal variant on the original packaging is being launched.
Meanwhile, a Chivas Regal 18 Year Old gift tin, created by French designer Andrée Putman, is being launched in several markets including France, Germany, South Africa, UK, Italy and Greece, with a recommended retail price of EUR120 (US$177).
For Ballantine's Finest, Chivas Brothers is marketing a gold tin, which will be available in 70cl, 75cl and 1-litre sizes, and sold in key markets in Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
In Germany, the Ballantine's Finest 75cl bottle is being offered in a contemporary flask, with an embossed effect in blue, while in France, the Ballantine's 12 Year Old 75cl bottle will be available in a blue leather carton. Leather cases have also been developed for the core range of The Glenlivet.
"This year, the luxury cues of each brand are reflected across our range of Christmas packaging," said Chivas Brothers' marketing director Martin Riley. "We are certain that these seasonal offerings will encourage customers to purchase and that the contemporary appearance of each will allow for maximum prominence in off-trade sales."
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
Focusing on premium brands may have been a priority for spirits producers in recent years but it is economy or standard products which still drive volume growth in many markets. Jeremy Cunnington of E...
Pernod Ricard has reported a slight lift in sales for the first nine months of its current fiscal year....
Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free has launched a promotion in airports within the Asia Pacific region for the group's Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020