CHINA: Chinese beer output tops 22m tons
The output of beer in China jumped to 22,310,000 tons in 2000 from 20,880,000 tons in 1999.
And experts estimate that the output will continue increasing at a speed of 1,000,000 tons per year in the near future.
There are more than 400 legal beer companies in China and the biggest three - Tsingtao, Yanjing and Huarun - added up to 4,460,000 tons of production in 2000, 20 % of the total amount.
As Western beer companies start to withraw from China gradually, Japan is becoming the biggest foreign player in the market. Kirin, Japan's leading brewer, has established a joint venture beer company in Guangdong province.
Meanwhile, Asahi, the No.2 in Japan, has set up several joint venture beer companies in Hangzhou and Yantai. Suntory has founded a joint venture beer company in Shanghai and has a 50 % share in the city's beer market .
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Suntory is to construct a new soft drinks facility in Japan....
Suntory has failed to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income for a four-year period ending December 2003, according to local reports....
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts