CHINA: China Resources Beer Group is third largest brewer
China Resources Beer Group is now the country's third-largest beer producer after spending three billion yuan ($362m) buying up breweries. Stiff competition from local producers and high costs have forced many foreign brewers to pull out of China and the market is now facing some major consolidation as the country's three major brewers Tsingtao Beer, Yanjing Beer and China Resources do battle to buy up these breweries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK