Product Launch - UK: Chase Distillery's Willy's Cider
Chase Distillery's Willy's Cider
Category - Cider, 4% abv
Available - From next month
Location – UK on-trade; independent retailers
Price - RRP of GBP3 (US$4.77) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - To be confirmed
Herefordshire-based Chase Distillery is launching a “high-end” apple cider into the UK market.
Willy's Cider, which is 4% abv, is described by the company as “lightly sparkling” with a “crisp and refreshing flavour”, containing “no artificial colours or flavours”.
The cider has been made at the company's site since 2009 and is distilled to create Chase's gin range. It is only now the company has decided to bottle and sell it.
“We’re launching Willy’s Cider to really highlight the provenance of our spirits to a wider audience,” said company founder William Chase. “We distil this cider to create our fine gins, and ... it was only a matter of time before we started to bottle and sell it as a stand-alone product.”
The company is also re-launching its Williams Elegant Gin, an apple-based gin infused with 11 organic botanicals, including juniper, angelica, orange and lemon peel, hops and elderflower.
Earlier this year, Chase Distillery signed a distribution deal in the UK with Cellar Trends.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015