Product Launch - UK: Chase Distillery's Willy's Cider
Chase Distillery's Willy's Cider
Category - Cider, 4% abv
Available - From next month
Location – UK on-trade; independent retailers
Price - RRP of GBP3 (US$4.77) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - To be confirmed
Herefordshire-based Chase Distillery is launching a “high-end” apple cider into the UK market.
Willy's Cider, which is 4% abv, is described by the company as “lightly sparkling” with a “crisp and refreshing flavour”, containing “no artificial colours or flavours”.
The cider has been made at the company's site since 2009 and is distilled to create Chase's gin range. It is only now the company has decided to bottle and sell it.
“We’re launching Willy’s Cider to really highlight the provenance of our spirits to a wider audience,” said company founder William Chase. “We distil this cider to create our fine gins, and ... it was only a matter of time before we started to bottle and sell it as a stand-alone product.”
The company is also re-launching its Williams Elegant Gin, an apple-based gin infused with 11 organic botanicals, including juniper, angelica, orange and lemon peel, hops and elderflower.
Earlier this year, Chase Distillery signed a distribution deal in the UK with Cellar Trends.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review