AUS: Charles Heidsieck Champagne switches distributor to Robert Oatley Vineyards
Charles Heidsieck Champagne has announced it is changing its Australian distributor to Robert Oatley Vineyards, after three years using Suntory Australia.
The Champagne house, bought by Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI) last year, said on Monday (30 July) that the switch is being made as a more "wine-focussed partner" will benefit the business. The change takes effect from 1 September.
"We have enjoyed our association with Suntory Australia over the past three years, but believe that the move to a more wine-focused partner will be to Charles Heidsieck’s advantage," said Cécile Bonnefond, the company’s president.
Charles Heidsieck said its flagship Brut Réserve and Rosé Reserve champagnes, the Vintage Brut and Vintage Rosé, and its Blanc des Millénaires, are expected to become "increasingly available" in Australian fine-dining restaurants and wine shops from September as a result of the tie-up.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages