UK: Charles Heidsieck Champagne switches distributor to Liberty Wines
Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles is moving the distribution of Charles Heidsieck Champagne in the UK to Liberty Wines Ltd from 1 June.
Its current distributor First Drinks Brands said today (18 May), however, that it would continue to be the exclusive distributor for Piper-Heidsieck Champagne in the UK.
Cecile Bonnefond, Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' president, said the company had enjoyed its associtation with First Drinks over the last three years, but the move to a more wine-focussed distributor will be to its "advantage".
"We have exciting plans for Charles Heidsieck in the coming months and we look forward to working together to makes these champagnes more accessible to the UK's discerning customers," he said.
Chris Mason, managing director for First Drinks Brands said: “We are fully supportive of the decision of PH-CH to move Charles Heidsieck to a fine wine-orientated partner in the UK.
“We look forward to a continued partnership focusing all of our efforts for Champagne on Piper-Heidsieck and its continued success in the UK.”
Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles acquired the two Champagne brands from Remy Cointreau a year ago. First Drinks is owned by UK-based spirits firm William Grant & Sons.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research