INDIA/AUS: Champagne Indage buys Tandou
Indian wine group Champagne Indage has bought the winemaking arm of Australian company Tandou for an undisclosed sum.
The deal is Champagne Indage's second international acquisition. Last year, the company bought UK-based wine agent McKinley Vintners.
Tandou Wines is able to produce 3m cases of wine a year and Indage plans to use the winery to produce wines for export and to have better quality control over its domestic wines through benchmarking.
The acquisition will boost Champagne Indage's capacity, which due to the restrictions on farmland acquisitions in India, is difficult to achieve domestically.
Champagne Indage is expected to go in for further global acquisitions. Last July, the company's board approved a plan to raise up to INR1.2bn (US$27.2m) for acquisitions and expansion.
Champagne Indage, when contacted by just-drinks today (24 January), confirmed the acquisition but declined to comment further.
Indian wine group Champagne Indage has posted a healthy set of figures for its fourth quarter....
Champagne Indage, the market leader in wines in India, has divested a 6.9% stake to US private equity firm Emerging Markets Management....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends