FRANCE: Champagne, Cognac both strong in LVMH Q1
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton issued its Q1 update earlier today
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy leap in sales for the first three months of 2012.
The French luxury goods group, which owns the Moët & Chandon Champagne business and the Hennessy Cognac brand, said earlier today (18 April) that sales from the unit in the first quarter jumped by 22% on a reported basis year-on-year to EUR926m (US$1.21bn). Both the Champagne and Cognac units were singled out in the trading update for their healthy performances.
Champagne delivered volume growth of 5% in the period, with its prestige brands continuing to "perform well", LVMH said. Hennessy Cognac, meanwhile, had an "excellent" start to the year across the full range, with volume growth of 9% and positive impacts from its product mix and price increases.
The LVMH group as a whole posted a 25% rise in sales, to EUR6.6bn.
The company's share price slipped back by 1.5% in early trading this morning.
Half-year results, including profit performance, will be released in late-July.
To read the official announcement, click here.
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research