UK: Château Hansen to be first China winery at LIWF
Chateau Hansen will be at the LIWF
Château Hansen is set to become the first Chinese winery to exhibit at the London International Wine Fair (LIWF).
The company – believed to be China's first organic estate – will showcase its wines at this year's show at ExCel, 20-22 May. Bruno Paumard, Chateau Hansen's winemaker and export manager, will be presenting the wines, including Côtes du Fleuve Jaune du Désert de Gobi - a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Gernischt, Cabernet Franc and Merlot.
LIWF director Ross Carter said: “We are delighted that Château Hansen will be using the LIWF as a launch platform into the UK and key European markets. More than ever, the fair is a showcase for new, unexplored territories in the wine world."
Château Hansen is located in Wuhai, on the southern edge of the Gobi Desert, in Inner Mongolia. The company currently produces around 2m bottles annually, according to the LIWF.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends