POLAND/US: Central European Distribution Corporation retains Gallo Vineyards in Poland
The US-based company, which operates predominantly in Central and Eastern Europe, confirmed earlier today (21 March) that it will be the exclusive wine distributor for Gallo in Poland for a further three years. The extension will be backed by short- and mid-term sales objectives for Gallo's wine brands, a spokesperson for CEDC told just-drinks today.
“We believe our strong partnership with Gallo Vineyards over the last seven years, and the continuation of the successful brand strategy for Carlo Rossi, will enable us to further develop our presence in the wine market,” said CEDC's president & CEO, William Carey. “The overall selection of Gallo Vineyards wines … establishes a powerful foundation for expansion in a steadily developing wine market of Poland.”
While CEDC will continue to distribute Gallo's Carlo Rossi, the leading wine brand in the Polish market, it will also start distributing the Barefoot wine brand for Gallo in the country.
To read CEDC's official announcement, click here.
Central European Distribution Corp has hailed a welcome distraction from its recent troubles, with its Zubrowka vodka brand names as the fastest-growing spirits brand last year....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research