POLAND/US: Central European Distribution Corporation retains Gallo Vineyards in Poland
The US-based company, which operates predominantly in Central and Eastern Europe, confirmed earlier today (21 March) that it will be the exclusive wine distributor for Gallo in Poland for a further three years. The extension will be backed by short- and mid-term sales objectives for Gallo's wine brands, a spokesperson for CEDC told just-drinks today.
“We believe our strong partnership with Gallo Vineyards over the last seven years, and the continuation of the successful brand strategy for Carlo Rossi, will enable us to further develop our presence in the wine market,” said CEDC's president & CEO, William Carey. “The overall selection of Gallo Vineyards wines … establishes a powerful foundation for expansion in a steadily developing wine market of Poland.”
While CEDC will continue to distribute Gallo's Carlo Rossi, the leading wine brand in the Polish market, it will also start distributing the Barefoot wine brand for Gallo in the country.
To read CEDC's official announcement, click here.
Central European Distribution Corp has hailed a welcome distraction from its recent troubles, with its Zubrowka vodka brand names as the fastest-growing spirits brand last year....
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team