UK: Cellar Trends to distribute Gruppo Campari's Wild Turkey
Gruppo Campari has added the recently-purchased Wild Turkey Bourbon brand to its distribution deal with Cellar Trends in the UK.
The Italian company, which acquired Wild Turkey from Pernod Ricard in April for US$575m, said yesterday (27 July) that Cellar Trends will take over distribution of the brand in the UK from Pernod from 1 September.
The agreement covers both the on- and off-trade in the country.
"We are proud to represent this remarkable brand," said Terry Barker, marketing director of Cellar Trends. "Wild Turkey is a valuable addition to the Cellar Trends portfolio of premium, international spirits."
Last month, Cellar Trends confirmed that it would hand over UK distribution of Marnier-Lapostolle's liqueur brand, Grand Marnier, to Diageo. The move followed the announcement earlier in June of a Europe-wide distribution agreement for the brand between Marnier-Lapostolle and Diageo.
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research