US: CEDC secures Zubrowka tie-up with Remy Cointreau
Zubrowka - on its way to the US
Central European Distribution Corporation has signed up the US arm of Remy Cointreau to import is Zubrowka vodka brand into the country.
The US-based company, which operates primarily in Eastern Europe, announced earlier this week that Remy Cointreau USA will become the exclusive import agent for Zubrowka into the US. The tie-up extends an agreement between CEDC and Remy Cointreau, which was agreed in 2005. CEDC has since held an exclusive distribution contract in Poland for Remy Cointreau's import portfolio.
“We are pleased to further our cooperation with Remy through this import agreement,” said CEDC's president and CEO, William Carey. “We believe that Remy is a perfect partner for further expansion and development of the Zubrowka vodka brand in the US with their complementary portfolio and we look forward to our joint cooperation on the development of this brand.”
Thomas Jensen, president and CEO of Remy Cointreau USA, added: "We believe Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka is a nice fit with our portfolio of premium spirits in the US. We take great pride in only representing brands that are authentic and offer consumers a real point of difference and Zubrowka delivers on this proposition."
Earlier this month, CEDC secured the go-ahead to take voting control of Russian Alcohol Group, having acquired the company from private equity firm Lion Capital last year.
Rémy Cointreau dampened the investor mood this morning by undershooting profits forecasts....
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review