POLAND: CEDC predicts healthy 2004
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) predicts a healthy 2004. The alcohol importer and distributor should benefit from a cut in Polish corporate income tax and acquisitions.
CEDC predicts net sales next year to reach between US$515m and $525m. Earnings per share should hit between $1.83 and $1.90, the company said.
The Polish government has reduced corporate income tax from 27% to 19% earlier this year. CEDC is currently in acquisition talks, with a view to increase its share of the domestic vodka market from the current 30% to 40%.
The corporation distributes many leading brands in Poland, including Johnnie Walker Scotch, Jose Cuervo Tequila, Sutter Home and Mondavi wines, and the Corona, Foster's, Budweiser Budvar and Guinness beers.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends