POLAND/US: CEDC paves way for Tariko takeover
CEDC racked up big debts in the previous decade
Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko will take sole control of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) this week when a restructuring plan goes into effect.
CEDC, which filed for bankruptcy last month, will cancel its shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange by Wednesday (5 June) and hand all outstanding stock to Tariko's Roust Trading, the company said late last week. In return, Tariko will fund cash payments to CEDC bondholders and write off the company's debts to Roust.
Bondholders will receive between 35-84% of their investments, while shareholders will receive nothing, a CEDC spokesperson told just-drinks.
The restructuring plan is expected to clear about US$665m of debt from CEDC, which has never recovered from high spending incurred through the acquisition of three Russian spirits companies in 2008. It follows CEDC's delisting from the NASDAQ stock market in April.
On Friday, CEDC also announced Alfa Bank has resumed lending to the company and has granted access to RUB1bn (US$30m).
Russian Standard has signed up a "performance philosopher" made famous online to star in its new global ad campaign....
New Amsterdam Spirits has launched its first US nation-wide TV campaign for its namesake vodka brand. ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends