US: CEDC eyes acquisitions after profit leap
Central European Distribution Corporation is eyeing acquisitions in Central Europe after it posted rising second-quarter sales and earnings.
The US-based company has seen operating income almost quadruple to US$22m during the three-month period ending 30 June.
The company, which has bought Polish distillers Bols and Polmos Bialystok and Polish distributor Imperial in the last year, posted a 35% leap in net sales to US$22m.
CEO and president Bill Carey said: "We also see significant acquisition opportunities in the spirit sector within Central Europe in which we currently have taken the first step with the acquisition of Bols Hungary and the Royal Vodka brand."
The company closed the Bols Hungary deal last month for around US$19.6m.
CEDC is the largest vodka producer in Poland.
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company's ambitious re-launch o...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Bacardi has extended its range of flavoured Grey Goose vodkas with the launch of a pear variant in the US....
V&S Group has sold its Florida Distillers business to French spirits group Belvédère for an undisclosed sum....
Rising earnings across its business have boosted annual profits at Sweden's V&S Group....
A compromise deal has been reached in the European Parliament on the definition of vodka....
V&S Group has launched an appeal in Sweden to regain the trademark rights to Golden Gate wine, the company said today (29 January)....
Pernod Ricard has upped its forecast on annual sales growth after posting a healthy set of half-year figures today (25 January). The French drinks giant, owner of brands including Chivas Regal Scotch ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends