US: CEDC details targets for 2007
Central European Distribution Corporation has set out its stall for 2007.
The company, which is based in the US but is Poland's largest vodka group, yesterday (7 March) forecast a 15% rise in full-year revenue to between $1.05bn and $1.10bn.
"Our continued commitment to grow sales of our own higher margin products, coupled with the rapidly expanding Central European GDP are the key drivers of our projected strong organic sales growth," said company CEO William Carey.
Carey said that GDP was expected to rise by 4-5% this year in Central Europe. As well as its stronghold in Poland, CEDC made its first investment in Hungary last year with the acquisition of the local Bols business.
Carey also noted that CEDC is looking to acquire distributors in Poland that have net revenue of around $115m in 2007.
"Although our projected 2007 earnings are impacted by higher spirit pricing as compared to 2006, we are continuing to look for ways to improve our raw spirit pricing with the first step being taken in mid-2007 to rectify our own spirit. Our aim is to be the leader in the Polish market with the lowest cost of goods by 2009."
"We are continuing to show solid cash flow generation through the synergies in our business which gives us the opportunity to be selective in our approach in expanding our business model in Poland and continued international expansion."
Castle Brands has teamed up with Britvic in the Republic of Ireland to distribute its flagship spirit, Boru Vodka....
Perfect Renaissance, the Israeli manufacturer of Vodka Perfect, is expanding its business and, for the first time, will export its kosher vodka to France....
Diageo has detailed plans to invest in its leading brands, including Smirnoff, Baileys, Bell's, Bushmills and Guinness, in the build-up to Christmas in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is planning to sell its US subsidiary to its CEO....
Bols plans to launch its Bols Grenadine brand in the UK market in October....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Castle Brands plans to extend the recent packaging revamp for its Boru vodka brand to the UK in September....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015