POLAND: CEDC Bialystok share offer reaps only 10% - report
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has bought up only 10% of the intended amount of shares in Polmos Bialystok, according to local reports.
News service Poland Today said this morning (29 November) that the US-based group managed to get only 338,741 shares in the vodka company, having planned to acquire 3.2m of the remaining 4m. CEDC had hoped to buy the shares, and then de-list Polmos Bialystok from the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
Earlier this month, CEDC, which is the largest vodka producer in Poland, upped its offer for the 4m shares to PLN91 (US$30.68) per share from the original offer - made in October - of PLN85.25 per share. At the time, William Carey, CEDC's CEO, claimed that the revised offer met the demands of the minority investors in Bialystok.
The offer ran from 26 October until last Friday (24 November).
In July last year, CEDC acquired a 61% stake in Bialystok for PLN1.06bn. Poland Today highlighted that this was equal to PLN146.5 per share, much higher than the amount offered to minority shareholders.
Blended Scotch whisky producers are banking on emerging markets to provide the growth to offset flat or declining sales elsewhere but a new report from just-drinks suggests this cannot be expected as ...
Luctor International is bringing an additional vodka flavour to its Van Gogh brand in the US....
Spirits marketer Drinks Americas Holdings has launched a national print advertising campaign for its Trump Super Premium Vodka brand....
Spirits producer Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has announced that Moody's Investor Service has issued an upgrade on the company's corporate family rating from B2 to B1 with a stable...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that its managing director has visited Sweden to look at Vin & Sprit's Absolut vodka brand, ahead of a possible sell-off....
Eckes AG has sold Stock Plzen in Czech, according to reports....
Polmos Lublin has posted a very strong start to 2007....
Diageo has added an eleventh flavour variant to its Smirnoff vodka brand in the US....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research