GREECE: CCHBC director stands down
A director at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has resigned.
Alexander Allan informed the Greece-based bottler yesterday (14 September) that he is to relinquish his non-executive position. Allan has held the position with CCHBC for the past five years.
CCHBC followed the announcement by confirming that the Coca-Cola Co. - which holds a 23.6% stake in the bottler - has nominated Alexander Cummings to succeed Allan in the role. Coke's stake in CCHBC allows it to nominate two of the board's 12 directors.
Cummings is the president and chief operating officer of Coke in Africa. He is responsible for Coke's operations in 56 markets on the continent. Cummings joined Coke in 1997 as region manager, rising to his current position in 2001.
CCHBC is one of Coke's largest bottlers, with operations in 28 countries.
If prime target consumers for international spirits in China have as much difficulty telling whisky from Cognac as a recent report suggests, marketers may have to up their game to reap the rewards the...
The Coca-Cola Co. is to remove a layer of senior management in Europe as it looks to build on its "positive" performance on the continent last year. Coca-Cola Co. told just-drinks today (9 March) that...
Coca-Cola Içecek has rebranded one of its HOD waters....
US soft drinks group Fuze Beverage has updated the look of its bottles for its domestic market....
Cott Corp., the Canada-based soft drinks group, has appointed a former executive from The Coca-Cola Co. to head its procurement team....
The Coca-Cola Co. has admitted that it has made a bid to buy Brazilian RTD tea producer Leão Junior....
The Venezuelan arm of Latin American Coke bottler Coca-Cola FEMSA has been ordered to close for 48 hours amid a probe into the company's accounts....
US alcohol distributor Glazer's has appointed a president for its Texas operations....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report