UK: C&C Group to invest US$1.6m in cider mill
C&C Group makes Gaymers and Addlestones at the Shepton Mallet mill
C&C Group is to invest GBP1m (US$1.6m) in its Somerset cider mill to improve sustainability at the 242-year-old site.
The money will help fund new orchards at Shepton Mallet as well as initiatives such as creating bio-fuels from apple waste, C&C Group said. Growers will also offer their own ideas about what schemes to fund.
“We are investing in sustainable fruit production for decades to come, with our experts supporting advances in orcharding practice to benefit our growers and the whole industry,” Shepton Mallet GM Paolo Mortarotti said.
The Shepton mill, which was built in 1770, produces C&C cider brands including Gaymers and Addlestones.
Last month, fellow English cider maker Westons bought the rights to cult cider Gold Label from Heineken for an undisclosed sum.
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends