US/UK: C&C Group lands Vermont Hard Cider Company
C&C Group wants to strengthen overseas sales
C&C Group has completed the purchase of Vermont Hard Cider Company as it looks to triple its international business in four years.
The US$305m deal, first announced in October, sees the group take over Vermont Hard Cider's Woodchuck brand, the top-selling hard cider brand in the US, C&C said on 24 December. The group's CEO, Stephen Glancey, said last month: “We welcome Vermont Hard Cider's management and employees to the C&C Group and are excited about the opportunities presented by Vermont Hard Cider specifically and a rapidly growing US cider category generally.”
Earlier last month, C&C Group said it wants to grow its international earnings to a fifth of the group's total. The group is also in the process of acquiring Irish drinks firm Gleeson.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
Japanese businessman Amane Nakashima has acquired a majority stake in the parent company of French wine retailer and trader Legrand Filles et Fils....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends