UK: C&C group joins Portman Group
C&C Group joins Portman Group ahead of Responsibility Deal
C&C Group has signed up to the UK drinks industry's self-regulatory body for marketing, the Portman Group.
The Magners and Gaymer Cider Co owner said this week that the move demonstrates its commitment to promoting responsible drinking. "Portman Group members operate with the highest levels of social responsibility to ensure that their products are enjoyed sensibly by adults throughout the UK," said Magners GB managing director, Gordon Johncox.
"We recognise that more still needs to be done to educate consumers," Johncox continued. "By becoming members of the Portman Group, we can collectively continue to drive awareness of these issues and have valuable input when it comes to framing alcohol policy."
C&C Group's move comes as representatives of the UK drinks sector negotiate with the Government on a Responsibility Deal that will lay out industry commitments on marketing, labelling and consumer education. An announcement on the deal is expected in January.
Companies: C&C Group
Heineken has lined up the pop group Madness for the second part of the 'Slow the Pace' campaign for its Kronenbourg beer brand in the UK....
PepsiCo has held on to the top spot in a chart of commercial sponsorship spenders in the US in 2010....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019