AUS: C&C Group drops Suntory for Bacardi Lion for Magners distribution
Magners will be distributed in Australia by Bacardi Lion from next year
In a joint statement late last week, C&C and Suntory said they have agreed to end the nine-year relationship “amicably”. Bacardi Lion, a JV between between Bacardi and brewer Lion Nathan, will take on Magners from 1 January, 2014.
Anthony Brady, Magners' brand principal, said: “Suntory has done a fantastic job successfully launching and building Magners in Australia. We now have a renewed focus for Magners and believe Bacardi Lion is the perfect partner to help drive our expansion.”
Magners was launched in Australia in 2004.
Ian Atherton, Suntory Australia's MD said: “Our renewed business focus will be on maintaining and growing our portfolio of premium spirits and liqueur brands."
We've all had a chance to sleep on the big news from Monday, so how do things look in the clarity of the morning?...
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The rate of consolidation in the spirits category is markedly slower than that of many consumer industries. So, could the news this week that Suntory is set to buy Beam Inc trigger a wave of M&A? Past...
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign