UK: C&C Group backs Gaymers with GBP5m spend
C&C Group is backing its new cider brand, Gaymers, with a GBP5m (US$7.4m) marketing spend in 2010.
The campaign will focus on Gaymers' association with live music and the brand already has pouring rights at several major festivals in the UK this summer, including Glastonbury, Big Chill, Bestival and Latitude.
Rhodri Williams, Gaymers brand manager, told a briefing with journalists in London today that the GBP5m spend will increase the cider's links to live music. It is thought spend is up from around GBP4m in 2009.
C&C Group, which bought Gaymers from Constellation Brands at the end of last year, has widened the brand's association with music by signing a deal with live music events company, ANG Group.
For more on Gaymers' music marketing strategy, check back on just-drinks later this week.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends