IRELAND: C&C gives Irish Mist a make-over
C&C International has given its Irish Mist liqueur a make-over in a bid to more than double its volume over the next five years.
The new packaging positions Irish Mist closer to Irish whiskey and away from traditional liqueurs, the company said today (29 May). Updated packaging will see the brand in a tall, clear, whiskey-style bottle that replaces its former decanter look.
The company said it is hoping to attract more under 35s of both sexes who already consume brown and white spirits with mixers, to Irish Mist.
"Consumers are looking for more complex drinks with character, hence a resurgence in brown spirits, and they favour premium products with heritage and authenticity" said C&C International's marketing manager, Kevin Abrook.
"As a whiskey-based liqueur blend with a genuine heritage, Irish Mist is right on trend with all the forecasts for the drinks market. The relaunch allows us to tap into this new consumer group and join the likes of Southern Comfort at the bar."
Currently, Irish Mist sales are biased towards the US and Ireland, with modest volume in, Canada, Germany and rest of world. C&C said it now sees potential for increasing the brand's global distribution in addition to reaching new audiences where it is already established.
The new pack started shipping in April and will be supported by advertising and other promotional investment later in the year.
At only 37 years old, Alexandre Ricard's swift ascent on the Pernod Ricard power ladder has turned heads in the industry. His latest role, as CEO of Irish Distillers, has coincided with strong growth ...
The Baltic countries have had it tougher than most in the global economic downturn, suffering double digit falls in gross domestic product. But the turmoil has not dented the ambition of Estonia-based...
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
Pernod Ricard's Powers 12 Year Old Special Reserve...
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
Brown-Forman, owner of Jack Daniel whiskey, has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share on its Class A and Class B common stock....
Pernod Ricard shareholders have approved a cash dividend payment of EUR0.5 (US$0.74) per share for the French wine and spirit group's most recent fiscal year....
Castle Brands Spirits Group, a subsidiary of Castle Brands, has entered into a marketing and distribution agreement covering the Nordic region with Arcus, Norway's largest spirits producer and wholesa...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer