ITALY: Cavit wine co-op falls out with LaVis
Trentino's leading wine-making co-operative, Cavit, is on the brink of losing one of its star co-ops.
Cavit, which is the umbrella co-operative for 13 of the region's larger co-ops, has accused LaVis of breaking a commercial agreement by selling bulk wine directly to US wine giant E&J Gallo, which itself is one of Cavit's clients.
Marco Raengo, a spokesman for LaVis, has said that the situation requires legal clarification, adding that the issue was being used to draw attention away from the upcoming election of Cavit's new president and political turmoil within the co-op.
When contacted by just-drinks, Claudio Gambarotto, Cavit's export manager, said: "The issue is quite delicate and we prefer not to comment for now."
The 2006 Italian wine harvest is being hailed as the best for many years, with producers across the country excited about the quality of their 2006 wines. Michèle Shah reviews the official statistics ...
After six months as vice president and general manager for Europe at E&J Gallo, Devinder Singh is upbeat about his role and the international prospects for his company. He met with Olly Wehring to dis...
Gallo Family Vineyards has teamed up with Walkers Sensations in a promotion designed to take advantage of the trend of eating crisps while drinking wine....
Gallo Family Vineyards is looking to market its rosé wines as a long drink over ice in the UK....
E&J Gallo has lined up an Argentinean offering for the US....
E&J Gallo has unveiled a South African wine offering in the US....
E&J Gallo has lined up a Spanish wine for its domestic market. The US wine giant will import a white wine brand from Bodegas Martín Códax S.A.U....
One of the most recognisable names in the drinks industry, Ernest Gallo, has died at the age of 97....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets