FRANCE: Castel to launch water to challenge Coke
French drinks group Castel is planning to launch a top-of-the-market mineral water brand in April thus providing competition for new brands, Dasani (Coca Cola) and Tchaé (Unilever).
"At a time when certain groups are putting on to the market mineral water-based drinks where the minerals have been artificially-added, we are able to offer consumers a new brand which is completely natural and authentic," explained Thierry Boidé, managing director of Neptune, the water division of the Castel group. in an article in French business newspaper, La Tribune,
The name and composition of the new brand are not expected to be revealed before the end of February, however market sources suggest it may be called Rozana.
Castel is already present in the top-of the market range via its Chateldon brand. Whereas Chateldon is only available in high-class restaurants and at select wines retailer, Nicolas, the new Neptune brand will be on sale in supermarkets.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research