FRANCE: Castel Group readies Europe's biggest bottling plant
The Castel Group, France's leading wine producer, is to open the first phase of its new bottling plant, which the company claims will be Europe's biggest, next month.
"The total investment in the site now comes to EUR35m (US$54.5m)," said Castel spokesperson Frank Crouzet, adding it would specialise in bottling wines from the Loire region of France.
The plant, in Nantes, has a total capacity of 200m bottles and will be fully operational by January.
Castel acquired the plant site last year when it bought Sautejeau-Beauquin, a major Loire wine producer. At the time Crouzet said Loire wines correspond to evolving consumer tastes being good value, low in alcohol and easy to drink.
The Castel group's wine division turned over EUR1.01bn in 2007.
It is now more than a year and a half since Troy Christensen took the helm at Constellation Europe, the European division of the world's biggest wine company. Given the current state of the European m...
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
Fifty three French winemakers accused of illegally enhancing their Beaujolais wines with sugar are facing EUR500 to EUR7,000 in fines....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, is the message from the UK's chief medical officer....
Last year's duty tax hikes have been "devastating" for the UK pub and beer sector, the head of Fuller, Smith & Turner has said, amid a 1% slip in beer volumes during the first 43 weeks of its fiscal y...
Sovio Wines will go to the UK High Court next month to challenge a Food Standard Agency (FSA) ruling that banned its reduced alcohol wine....
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, the UK's chief medical officer said today (29 January)....
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Travel Retail model "not sustainable" - Pernod CEO
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts