UK: Casarena wines to hit UK after Robinsons link-up
Wines from Argentinian group Casarena Bodega Y Vinedos are getting a limited launch in the UK through an exclusive tie-up with brewer Robinsons.
Nine of the privately-owned Mendoza-based producer's wines will be released in the brewer's pub and restaurant estate in the lead-up to Christmas. The Lowry hotel, Manchester, and Chester Grosvenor have also “shown an interest”, according to Robinsons.
The wines include six Malbecs, two Cabernet Sauvignons and a Pinot Noir.
Robinsons said sales of Argentinian varieties doubled in its wine unit in 2012.
“As our wine division grows, we continue to look to partner quality-driven producers who reflect our ambition,” said the brewer's wine buyer Noel Reid.
He added: "Further wines (from Casarena) may follow in 2014."
Earlier this year, Stockport-based Robinsons launched a beer with heavy metal band Iron Maiden, called Trooper.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends