UK: Casarena wines to hit UK after Robinsons link-up
Wines from Argentinian group Casarena Bodega Y Vinedos are getting a limited launch in the UK through an exclusive tie-up with brewer Robinsons.
Nine of the privately-owned Mendoza-based producer's wines will be released in the brewer's pub and restaurant estate in the lead-up to Christmas. The Lowry hotel, Manchester, and Chester Grosvenor have also “shown an interest”, according to Robinsons.
The wines include six Malbecs, two Cabernet Sauvignons and a Pinot Noir.
Robinsons said sales of Argentinian varieties doubled in its wine unit in 2012.
“As our wine division grows, we continue to look to partner quality-driven producers who reflect our ambition,” said the brewer's wine buyer Noel Reid.
He added: "Further wines (from Casarena) may follow in 2014."
Earlier this year, Stockport-based Robinsons launched a beer with heavy metal band Iron Maiden, called Trooper.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report