Product Launch - INDIA: Carlsberg's Tuborg Booster Strong
Click through to view an image of the product
Carlsberg's Tuborg Booster Strong
Category - Beer, fruit-flavoured, abv not specified but above 5%
Available - Launched in Maharashtra this month and West Bengal last month; to lauch across other India markets in next three months
Location - India, on- and off-trade only
Price - In West Bengal, 65cl bottle selling at INR90 (US$1.50); in Maharashtra, 65cl bottle being sold at INR135 and 50cl can at INR105
Distribution - Carlsberg India Pvt
Carlsberg's India unit has launched a fruit-flavoured variant to the Tuborg brand.
Tuborg Booster Strong went on sale in Maharashtra this month, having first appeared in West Bengal in May, the company confirmed to just-drinks today (25 June).
Carlsberg describes the beer as a "refreshingly strong and easy-to-drink beer enriched with natural exotic fruit flavor that reduces bitterness and gives a smooth aftertaste".
Tuborg Booster Strong will be rolled-out across India's "major" markets in phases, the brewer said, including New Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Bhubaneswar.
The beer is being brewed in Carlsberg India’s own breweries across the country.
Tuborg Strong was launched in India in 2010 and "easy-drinking" Tuborg Green in March 2009.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research