UK: Carlsberg World Cup campaign to feature Capello
Fabio Capello will appear on Carlsberg take-home packs in the UK
Carlsberg UK has launched the second half of its World Cup advertising campaign in the country, featuring England manager Fabio Capello on its in-store packaging.
The campaign, announced today (15 April), will see Capello appear alongside England captain Rio Ferdinand as well as Steven Gerrard, David James and Jermaine Defoe on all take-home packs of Carlsberg and Carlsberg Export.
Paul Davies, director of brands, said: “Carlsberg UK is very proud to have an icon like Fabio Capello and his team on its on-pack in the run-up to the World Cup.
“Our “Probably the best team talk in the world” campaign has caught the imagination of the England’s fans, with over 100,000 people having visited www.englandteamtalk.com already,” Davies said.
The packs will replace the ‘team talk’ promotional packaging that was used for the first half of Carlsberg’s World Cup marketing activity, which offered fans an opportunity to meet some England players.
Carlsberg UK is also lining up the launch of a TV advertising campaign involving a number of “English sporting legends”, the unit said.
Carlsberg extended its sponsorship with the English Football Association last September for a further four years. The agreement runs until the end of July 2014 and covers the Euro 2012 and 2014 FIFA World Cup tournaments.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research