INDIA: Carlsberg ups brewery footprint in India
Carlsberg has added to its domestic brewery presence in India
Carlsberg's unit in India has announced the purchase of a sixth brewery and the construction of a seventh in the country.
Carlsberg India confirmed earlier today (31 October) that it has acquired a facility in Dharuhera in the state of Haryana, 40km south-west of New Delhi. Details about who the site was bought from and how much it cost were not immediately disclosed.
The brewery, located just off the Delhi-Jaipur highway, has a current production capacity of 150,000 hectolitres per year, with the potential of further volume expansion to 500,000 hectolitres. Following an upgrade programme, it will commence operations in the first quarter of next year.
Carlsberg also released details of a new facility that will be built in Prakhand Bikram in Bihar state’s Patna district. Set to be completed before the end of next year, the greenfield site will have an initial capacity of 500,000 hectolitres, and will produce beer for the Bihar market and surrounding states.
“The acquisition of a brewery in Haryana and setting up of the district Patna brewery reaffirms Carlsberg’s commitment to India”, said Soren Lauridsen, MD of Carlsberg India.
Carlsberg currently has breweries in the states of Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research