SINGAPORE: Carlsberg takes majority share in distributor MayBev
Carlsberg is expanding its portfolio in Singapore
Carlsberg has bought a 51% stake in MayBev, the exclusive distributor for Ashai in Singapore.
The deal, confirmed today (9 April) by Carlsberg, will add Asahi's namesake beer to the Danish brewer's Singapore portfolio, as well as brands including Lanson-BCC's Lanson Champagne and Asahi-owned Nikka whiskey. No financial details have been disclosed.
“This partnership with MayBev will strengthen Carlsberg Singapore’s position as one of the foremost alcoholic drinks suppliers in the city-state,” a Carlsberg spokesperson said.
It will also boost the unit's sales, warehousing and distribution capabilities, the spokesperson said.
MayBev has been Asahi's sole distributor for about 40 years. Its core business comprises sales, marketing and distribution for a range of spirits, beers, wines and soft drinks.
This week, Carlsberg opened a new brewery in Sweden as part of a joint venture with Brooklyn Brewery.
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key ......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research