UK: Carlsberg signs up to National Association of Cider Makers
Carlsberg launched a cider last year
Carlsberg's UK unit has joined the country's industry body for cider makers.
Carlsberg UK said its membership of the National Association of Cider Makers (NACM) will allow it to share its expertise in responsible drinking. The unit is a newcomer to the category, launching Somersby Cider last year.
Bruce Ray, corporate affairs director at Carlsberg UK, said: “We’re relatively new to the cider industry, so joining the NACM means we can learn from other cider makers and demonstrates our commitment to the category. We also consider ourselves as leaders in responsible drinking through close relationships with government, the wider industry and Drinkaware and hope we can share this expertise with the NACM.”
Paul Bartlett, chair of the NACM, added: “To have an industry giant like Carlsberg UK on board is a strong indicator of the increasing confidence in the cider industry as it continues to grow.”
In September, Bartlett told an industry event that cider can become to the UK what wine is to France.
Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Denmark beverage market...
Carlsberg today launched a new campaign for its Tuborg beer as it targets 18- to 22-year-olds, particularly in Eastern Europe. Here's just-drinks takes a look at the lager brand and its position in th...
Another set of quarterly figures for Carlsberg; another accusatory stab at the brewer for its over-reliance on Eastern Europe. It seems Carlsberg can't cut a break, and the almost constant reset to a ...
Robinsons Brewery has launched the third in a series of six ales that will roll out through this year....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research