UK: Carlsberg signs up to National Association of Cider Makers
Carlsberg launched a cider last year
Carlsberg's UK unit has joined the country's industry body for cider makers.
Carlsberg UK said its membership of the National Association of Cider Makers (NACM) will allow it to share its expertise in responsible drinking. The unit is a newcomer to the category, launching Somersby Cider last year.
Bruce Ray, corporate affairs director at Carlsberg UK, said: “We’re relatively new to the cider industry, so joining the NACM means we can learn from other cider makers and demonstrates our commitment to the category. We also consider ourselves as leaders in responsible drinking through close relationships with government, the wider industry and Drinkaware and hope we can share this expertise with the NACM.”
Paul Bartlett, chair of the NACM, added: “To have an industry giant like Carlsberg UK on board is a strong indicator of the increasing confidence in the cider industry as it continues to grow.”
In September, Bartlett told an industry event that cider can become to the UK what wine is to France.
Carlsberg today launched a new campaign for its Tuborg beer as it targets 18- to 22-year-olds, particularly in Eastern Europe. Here's just-drinks takes a look at the lager brand and its position in th...
Another set of quarterly figures for Carlsberg; another accusatory stab at the brewer for its over-reliance on Eastern Europe. It seems Carlsberg can't cut a break, and the almost constant reset to a ...
Robinsons Brewery has launched the third in a series of six ales that will roll out through this year....
The acting head of Altia has said the company needs owners that are willing to invest after the Finnish Government drew up plans for the state firm's sale....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US