FINLAND: Carlsberg regional head set to lead Altia Corp
The next CEO of Altia Corp heads up the Baltic region for Carlsberg
Altia Corp has poached its next CEO from Carlsberg to replace the previous incumbent, who left late last year.
The Finnish wine and spirits company said earlier today (11 March) that Pekka Tennilä is set to assume the role. Tennilä, 44, will join Altia from Carlsberg where he heads up the Baltic region as well as its Latvian subsidiary, Aldaris.
He replaces Hannu Tuominen, who temporarily held the role after Antti Pankakoski stepped down in November after the firm fell behind its financial targets.
“His (Tennilä's) diverse experience in Altia’s strategically important markets … will provide a good foundation for heading Altia in challenging market conditions,” said Altia's chairman, Matti Tikkakoski.
Tennilä, who initially joined Carlsberg in 2001 and has also worked for Sinebrychoff, takes the reins in June.
Altia produces, markets, sells, imports and exports alcoholic beverages in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
The Future of the Spirits Market in Finland to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
"The Future of the Spirits Market in Finland to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research...read more
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Alcoholic Drinks in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contain...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research