CHINA: Carlsberg "poised to sell" Chinese breweries
Carlsberg, the world's sixth-largest brewer, is reportedly poised to sell control of an unprofitable Shanghai brewery to Tsingtao Brewery Company, China's largest beermaker, according to Chinese press reports.Tsingtao disclosed its plans in June to acquire at least two foreign breweries in China's major cities to boost production capacity and to double its share of the world's second-largest beer market to 10%. Carlsberg is negotiating the sale of as much as 75% of its brewery in Songjiang, a Shanghai suburb, sources told a Chinese paper. The Songjiang brewery commenced operation in October 1998 with an investment of $36.4m. Carlsberg owns 95% of the plant. The remaining 5% is owned by the Songjiang city government.Chris Brook-Carter
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends