BULGARIA: Carlsberg launches lemon Pirinsko as part of wider investment
Carlsberg's Bulgaria unit is making a significant investment this year
Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
The 2% abv beer, which is 60% lemon juice, is due to go into stores in cities around Bulgaria this month. Among the packaging it will be available in is a half-litre can and a 1.2-litre PET bottle.
Carlsberg said it hopes to take advantages of the trend for "beer mixes" in Bulgaria.
"We expect Pirinsko Radler Lemon to be the next successful step in the development of the brand, as currently it is one of the fastest growing on the Bulgarian market," said Nikoleta Yordanova, brand manager of Pirinsko, Carlsberg Bulgaria.
On a wider scale, Carlsberg said its focus in Bulgaria will be on the "enhancement and maintenance of production and logistics, as well as empowering the Pirinsko brand with new products and communication activities".
Invesment by Carlsberg's Bulgarian unit is expected to total BGN20m in the three years after 2011.
The Danish brewer has a 27% market share in Bulgaria, according to the company's website.
Last week, Carlsberg launched a TV ad for its low-abv Citrus lager brand in the UK.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends