UK: Carlsberg gives Citrus lager brand TV debut
Carlsberg is giving its low-abv Citrus brand a push with a TV ad campaign.
The 2.8% abv lager, which launched in the UK off-trade in February, feautures in a new version of Carlsberg's 'Crate Escape' ad, the brewer said today (29 May). During the spot based on the 'The Great Escape', viewers are advised to "try new Carlsberg Citrus, blended with natural limes".
The ad, which can be seen above, premiered in the UK across the Bank Holiday weekend and will continue to appear on channels including TV1, Channel Four, Five, Sky One, Sky Sports and Dave until the end of next month.
Carlsberg describes the beer as "smooth" with "a blend of Persian and Key limes".
The Danish brewer also gave a TV debut to its San Miguel Fresca brand at the weekend.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview