UK: Carlsberg expands beer deal with Punch Taverns
Carlsberg has expanded a beer supply deal with Punch Taverns, the UK's largest pub group.
Carlsberg will replace Waverley TBS as the supplier of all guest cask ales to Punch Taverns' estate of managed pubs.
"The deal will add another 300 firkins of beer a week into the Carlsberg UK’s distribution chain and will run until 2012," said Carlsberg. One firkin is roughly equal to 72 pints of beer.
The brewer already has an exclusive deal to distribute all drinks into the Punch tenanted and leased estate.
"Winning this contract is a testament to the quality of our entire distribution chain," said Chris Houlton, sales and distribution director for Carlsberg UK.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US