DENMARK/CHINA: Carlsberg edges to Chongqing Brewery Co completion
Carlsberg gets worker support for Chongqing Brewery deal
Carlsberg has moved a step closer to taking a 30% stake in China's Chongqing Brewery, after the deal was endorsed by the firm's workers' committee.
Employee representatives have this week backed Carlsberg in its agreement to acquire a further 12.25% share of Chongqing Brewery Co (CBC) for RMB2.4bn (US$351m).
The endorsement follows official support from CBC's minority shareholders, who voted for the deal at a meeting on 5 July, a Carlsberg spokesperson told just-drinks today (29 July).
However, the deal, which was announced in June and will increase Carlsberg's ownership of CBC to 29.71%, still needs the approval of regulatory authorities in China.
Carlsberg said it could not provide an estimate on when the process will be complete.
CBC operates 15 breweries and is the market leader in China's Chongqing province. Carlsberg inherited an interest in the brewer following its share of the takeover of Scottish & Newcastle in 2008.
For a more in-depth look at Carlsberg's growing presence in Asia, click here.
One of the first signs of madness, I was always told, is talking to yourself. If that's the case, then Larry Nelson may have finally lost it. Before we cart him off, though, let's listen in on his and...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research