UK: Carlsberg debuts World Cup advert
Carlsberg has gathered together sporting legends from England's past to spearhead its advertising campaign in the UK to coincide with this year's FIFA World Cup.
Sporting greats, including ex-cricketer Ian Botham and Sir Trevor Brooking, feature in the 90-second advert that first aired on UK television screens on Saturday (8 May).
All the stars combine to deliver "Probably the best team talk in the world" as England's footballers move from their dressing room to the pitch.
Carlsberg has combined with advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi to produce the advert.
Shorter edits from the advert will be available at a specially created website, www.englandteamtalk.com.
Carlsberg and Saatchi representatives would not be drawn on the cost of the advert. However, given the number of famous names involved, they said that the advert was produced on a "relatively low budget".
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign