PORTUGAL: Carlsberg buys into Portuguese water market
The Danish beer giant Carlsberg has bought Portuguese mineral water company Vidago (VMPS), through its associated company Unicer.
No details of the acquisition from Portuguese supermarket operator Jeronimo Martins were disclosed.
The purchase underpins Unicer's strategy to strengthen its position in the beer and mineral water market, Carlsberg chief executive officer Nils Smedegaard Andersen said.
VMPS is the market leader in its sector in Portugal. It recorded operating profit of DK67m (US$8m) in 2000, on the back of sales of DK328m.
Unicer is the leading brewery in Portugal and Carlsberg holds a 44% stake in the company.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads