ASIA: Carlsberg appoints ex Coca-Cola Co exec as new Asia chief
Christopher Warmoth will join Carlsberg in January
Carlsberg has appointed a former Heinz and Coca-Cola Co executive to head up its Asia unit after the previous incumbent quit earlier this year.
Christopher Warmoth, 54, will take up the role as the Danish brewer's senior VP Asia and join its executive committee on 13 January next year. Warmoth, who spent ten years with Heinz, replaces Roy Bagattini, who left Carlsberg in June to join Levi Strauss & Co.
“Asia is a growth region with so many possibilities and with cultures which I continue to admire and enjoy,” said British-born Warmoth, who will be based in Hong Kong. “Together with the leadership team, I look forward to take the Carlsberg Group to the next level in its development.”
His last role with Heinz was as executive VP for its Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East regions. Prior to Heinz, Warmoth worked for Coca-Cola and Procter & Gamble.
Meanwhile, Carlsberg was today silent on reports that it is eyeing a new acquisition in China, either Tsingtao or Beijing Yanjing. The group is currently in the process of raising its stake in China's Chongqing Brewery from 29.7% to 60%.
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Tsingtao Brewery Corp Taiwan aims to localise its beer in Taiwan, and implements similar brand positioning and product lines to the leading local company, Taiwan Tobacco & Liquor Corp, at lower prices...
Another set of quarterly figures for Carlsberg; another accusatory stab at the brewer for its over-reliance on Eastern Europe. It seems Carlsberg can't cut a break, and the almost constant reset to a ...
Over the forecast period, Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd is likely to focus on expanding its production capacity so as to extend its presence in overseas markets. In order to better meet the changing needs o...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review