Product Launch - UK/BELGIUM: Cape Legends' Earthbound range
Click through to view an image of the product
Cape Legends' Earthbound range
Category - Wine, South Africa, organic, Chenin Blanc 2013, Pinotage 2012 (14% abv), Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir
Available - From this month
Location - UK- on-trade, specialist retailers; Belgium - on-trade
Price - In UK, RRP of GBP10 (US$15.70) per bottle
Distribution - To be confirmed
Cape Legends, the fine wine division of South African drinks group Distell, has launched a new organic range called Earthbound.
The range, which is being officially unveiled at the two-day Beautiful South tasting event in London starting today (11 September), includes a Chenin Blanc, Pinotage, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon. It also features a Pinot Noir, but this is not organic.
The wines are made from grapes grown by Fairtrade producers fron Papkuilsfontein Vineyards, in the Darling district, near South Africa's west coast, the company said.
The Earthbound range is initially being sold in Belgium and are due to launch in the UK once a distributor has been finalised. A high-end variety of the wine, Sacred Earth, is also expected to be made available.
Berenice Barker, Cape Legends' international business manager, told just-drinks that the new brand's aim is to "make the brand global". "We are already in talks with an American retailer," she added.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research