GLOBAL: Campari agrees Aperol tie-up with Manchester United FC
The aperitif brand will be Manchester United's official spirits sponsor
Gruppo Campari's Italian aperitif brand Aperol is to become the official global spirits sponsor of Manchester United Football Club.
The drinks firm has signed a deal for the tie-up to start from 1 January next year, it revealed after yesterday's first-half results. “This is a huge franchise that has a huge global following... and will give Aperol a very nice boost in terms of visibility,” Campari's CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz told analysts on a conference call. More details of the link-up would be revealed later in the year, he added.
Aperol suffered in Campari's H1 as poor weather in Europe dragged its sales down by 10%. The 11% abv brand has also been affected by a commercial dispute in Germany with a “key” retailer, Campari said without giving details. Aperol's main markets are Italy, Germany and Austria, according to Campari's website.
Gruppo Campari's CEO has revealed that Aperol's sponsorship deal with Manchester United FC is part of a second stage of targeted international growth for the liqueur brand, after initial success in Eu...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research