GLOBAL: Campari agrees Aperol tie-up with Manchester United FC
The aperitif brand will be Manchester United's official spirits sponsor
Gruppo Campari's Italian aperitif brand Aperol is to become the official global spirits sponsor of Manchester United Football Club.
The drinks firm has signed a deal for the tie-up to start from 1 January next year, it revealed after yesterday's first-half results. “This is a huge franchise that has a huge global following... and will give Aperol a very nice boost in terms of visibility,” Campari's CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz told analysts on a conference call. More details of the link-up would be revealed later in the year, he added.
Aperol suffered in Campari's H1 as poor weather in Europe dragged its sales down by 10%. The 11% abv brand has also been affected by a commercial dispute in Germany with a “key” retailer, Campari said without giving details. Aperol's main markets are Italy, Germany and Austria, according to Campari's website.
Business Monitor International's Italy Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bod...
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts