US: California's Wine Institute readies global marketing push
The logo for Wine Institute's 'Discover California Wines' campaign
California's wine trade body, Wine Institute, has lined up a global branding campaign, featuring a new logo, aimed at raising exports.
The 'Discover California Wines' campaign, announced earlier this week, will feature images of landmarks, vistas, cuisine and lifestyle traditionally linked to the state, Wine Institute has said.
The push, the financial details of which were not disclosed, will include print advertising, point of sale materials, wine region maps, brochures, trade show displays, a video presentation and digital and social media component. These tools have been made available to California's winemakers, importers, retailers and restaurateurs to promote California wine overseas.
Elements of the campaign will debut at the Prowein, The London International Wine Fair and Vinexpo trade fairs this year.
"The … campaign gives our international representatives the tools they need to build California wine sales exponentially around the globe," said the organisation's president and CEO, Robert Koch. "We are setting an ambitious goal of more than doubling California/US wine exports to US$2bn by 2022."
California produces 90% of the US' wine exports, which generated sales of $912m in 2009.
France, Italy and Spain have joined forces to warn about the dangers of a wine glut in the European Union if vine planting restrictions are relaxed. Here, just-drinks brings you data on how the EU vin...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research