CHINA: CALCOL Confirms Soft Drink Plant to Open in Beijing
CALCOL INC. (OTCBB:CLCL) confirmed today that the soft drink concentrate plant belonging to its 80% subsidiary company in Beijing China, SANHE MEILE SOFT DRINKS CO. LTD. is scheduled to open later this month. SANHE MEILE SOFT DRINKS CO. LTD. is 80 percent owned by US-based CALCOL INC. and 20 percent by the CHINA NATIONAL FOOD INDUSTRY CORPORATION. The co-operation, which began in 1995, will last for 30 years on a 40,000-square-metre site in Sanhe, a suburb 34 kilometers due east of Beijing on the JingHa Highway. The soft drink concentrate plant is projected to finish up to 139,000 units of concentrate (enough to bottle 500,000 tons of soft drinks) annually for sale to independent local (non-franchised) bottlers throughout China. China is now the third largest consuming market for soft drinks in the world. Half of the bottling companies are independent local bottlers. CALCOL INC. holds the third business license for foreign branded soft drinks in China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range