USA: BuyerLink Networks and Quality Chekd Dairies Inc. Bring Online Ordering To the Dairy Industry
Purchasing agents at the member dairies will be able to log on to BuyerLinkDairy.com from their desktop computer and view information on all of their suppliers. They can place orders quickly, check the status of orders, review past orders, and send feedback to suppliers and to Quality Chekd headquarters.
Gary Hess, Purchasing Director at Quality Chekd, stated, "This relationship with BuyerLink Networks will keep Quality Chekd on the cutting edge of providing e-commerce capabilities and services to our members. We had been exploring which e-commerce platform would be best suited for our business needs, and BuyerLink showed us how we can satisfy our member's current and future needs."
"BuyerLink.com is ideally suited for cooperatives such as Quality Chekd," said Rich Witherspoon, BuyerLink Networks' co-founder and vice president of marketing. "It saves time and money, and it provides valuable information. The BuyerLink network also allows the buyers to strengthen their long-held relationships they have built over years of doing business with their suppliers. It's what we call 'relationship e-commerce(TM)."'
BuyerLinkDairy.com allows suppliers in the network to configure their sites to accommodate every customer individually. When a buyer goes to a supplier's site in the network, he finds a customized catalog and order forms designed for Quality Chekd. This flexibility in the system keeps business running smoothly, building trust and value.
The BuyerLinkDairy.com Website is hosted by Sand Hill Systems, a technology partner of BuyerLink Networks. This means that Quality Chekd does not have to buy expensive hardware or software, nor does it have to hire additional technical personnel to install and support the system. The system is easy for Quality Chekd's members to use. They need only a desktop computer with a Web browser.
About the Partners
BuyerLink Networks, based in San Jose, California, was founded in early 2000. BuyerLink is a provider of network marketplaces serving the food and beverage industries. It provides a hosted e-commerce solution that allows users to conduct complex yet cost-effective transactions and access comprehensive e-business services. By permitting extensive modification, BuyerLink's purchasing networks support the long-held relationships built between suppliers and buyers. For more information about BuyerLink Networks, visit www.buyerlinknetworks.com.
Quality Chekd, a member-owned dairy cooperative, is one of the largest dairy-product organizations of its kind, with member companies in the U.S., Canada, Columbia, and Mexico. Combined 1999 sales of nearly $3 billion make Quality Chekd one of the largest dairy-product brands in North America. Quality Chekd was founded in 1944 and is based in Naperville, Illinois. For more information about Quality Chekd, visit www.qchekd.com.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China